Archive | LARP RSS for this section

Mask

cut out leather mask

I found an awesome blog by Creativerus! I was completely inspired by her leather work. I really wanted to make a mask, because her work was so stunning. I have a lot of projects on the go at the moment, 6 that I want to finish in the next 2 weeks before going to my first LARP event. I couldn’t justify making a mask at the moment. Then on Facebook it was  posted that someone had a masquerade event at Empire. This was just the excuse I need to bump the mask up my to do list!

 

I loved the cut out mask and I thought I could reproduce it quite easy and set about making it. My cuts are not as good as I would have liked as the scalpel blade I was using for the beginning was a bit dull. I tried to introduce bevel edges to the design this was a mistake. Overall I’m pleased with the result and want to move onto designing my own mask rather than just reproducing other peoples design.  Also I think I could take some really nice pictures of it when I get my SLR up and running again.

wpid-img_20140408_212938.jpg

wpid-20140408_205845.jpg

wpid-20140405_211413.jpg

 

Advertisements

My Little Pauldron

wpid-20140402_225951.jpg

So I’m trying to make a pauldron for my first LARP event in 2 weeks. The Tower design is the symbol for the Shattered Tower, who is the group I’m going with.

I wasn’t able to follow any on line pattern as all I had was scraps of leather so the first trick was to work which pieces I could  use to make the design.

wpid-20140402_210445.jpg

 

So then I tested putting it all together. It wasn’t quite right, Thankfully a friend pointed out the joins were to low down on each piece.

wpid-20140402_215638.jpg

I would have to make new rivet holes, but what to do with the old ones? I cut the old whole  off and made the diagonal corners a design feature, I then realised the diagonals really suited edges so started experimenting with widths

wpid-20140403_110601.jpg

I like the wide edge but my rivet hole are set at 2 cm, so the smaller 1 cm edge compliments them a lot more.

wpid-20140403_200917.jpg

The Pauldrons are starting to look finished, I just need finalise the shape of the top piece. I would also like to edge the top piece but I’m not sure if its possible after dying it.

LARP


LARP Costume

I’m Going to my first LARP (Live Action Role Play) event at Easter. I really enjoying the preparation for it, it has got back into sewing again. I haven’t used my machine for month and now all I want to do in the evenings is sew.

I used empire pattern for a T Tunic which is really simple and easy, I adjusted the size as the given measurements were huge!  I added facing to the neckline to give a more polished finish, I also added Flat felled seam’s to give a move historic look.

I am planning to make it again out of a woollen fabric adding darts to improve the fit.

The Trousers I adapted from a 70’s pattern. I shortened the length, and made them gathered by adding fabric by gores which matched the style of the tunic. I finished the trouser with green felt at the gathers and the fastening.

%d bloggers like this: